Hi!

This blog is about being really random and entertaining. Stay tune for reviews, thoughts, and even personal stories.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Music Exploration: Jazz -(ˆ▿ˆ)/ \(ˆ▿ˆ)-

      It's nice to venture out of your comfort zone. Especially when you explore different genres of music. I'm not the type of person to do this. I usually just listen to the same bands on constant repeat through out the day. My brother is like this, so...I guess we kinda get this from each other. I listen to bands people recommends, but noting I can really get into to. Kinda been in a rump for the past 3 weeks, so I was finally looking for something new. Then I rediscovered a fantastic form of music. Jazz.

      1 AM on a Tuesday. Insomnia hits me again. I flipped through Spotify aimlessly. Then I came across a soft jazz playlist. Why not give it a try? Instantly was moved by the beauty. How each instrument complemented and play off each other. Every song's rhythm was unique to one another. Slowly this genre consumed me. I liked how you don't need any words with jazz, you can just sing through your instruments. I was enchanted by the magic this music had. I started looking up every piece of music I could. I took music classes as a child, but they always gave us simply classical music. Noting as moving as Jazz. Amazing complicated is what how I like to explain it. Kinda wished I took saxophone or the piano instead of the flute, but I attempted to play the soulful music of Jazz. Loved it. I could never be great at it, but doesn't hurt to try.

     Overall I guess I'm trying to say is, if you haven't explore music in a while, you should. You may find your new obsession. (: Bye for now...

~Some tracks from spotify~

No comments:

Post a Comment