Hi!

This blog is about being really random and entertaining. Stay tune for reviews, thoughts, and even personal stories.

Monday, March 2, 2015

# California Sterotypes



     A old family friend from England finally came to California. As she was here I realized she associated a lot of stereotypes of Californians to us. So today I would like to take this time to confirm/denied common stereotypes.

1. Do you surf all the time?
     Like really? Surfing is really tricky and I like how some people just assume we do. No, in fact most of us don't even surf. I mean we all wish we could somewhat surf deep inside us but in reality we don't have the time (and the traffic is to bad to go to the beach.)

2. Californians are addicted to driving everywhere.
      This is unbelievably true about us. L.A. is about 503 sq miles and thats not really counting "greater Los Angeles". With all that space, it just seems easier to take your car. To be honest, we have little public transformation. The metro is just beginning to expand to other locations across California. I believe as public transportation grows more convenient for us, more people will start using it. Yet it always nice to be in your own car where you can sing and say whatever you want.

3. Have you ever meet a famous person?
    I mean....not really? Its not like there out all the time in the most common places. If your lucky you will catch one. Personally I never met one in all my years living here...which has been my whole life.

4. Do know what seasons are?
     We know of it we just never really saw it. Southern California is mostly sunny all the time and some weird weeks where a bunch a rainstorms come and go. In Northern California you see more fall and winter but not that much of a difference. During storms if were lucky enough, we will get snow in our mountains. So yeah, we somewhat get seasons.

5. When it rains is it the end of the world!?

     Sadly enough most Californians don't know "how to even" when the temperature drops below 70 and a rainstorm comes. I means it really odd when it rains. But I like it, a nice change every now and then is nice. Some people can go over board by bundling up like its -20 outside while in reality its only 60. The funniest reaction to rain is actually when people from other places come to California when it rains. Here are some quotes from my British friend: "I thought it always sunny!", "Why is this happening?" and "This is so weird!!". So yes we are creep out by the rain but we all know it will be nice and sunny soon. 

6. You must go to Disneyland a lot right?
I would if I was rich...

7.Why aren't you that tan?
     Not all of us sit out on the beach everyday/ get spray tans. At least for me, I like to stay in and hide away from the heat. Getting a natural tan is hard work too. Try sitting out there, cooking in the sun, hopping your sunscreen hasn't melted off. Its not always that hot but you could do a lot more useful things for the time it takes to tan. And just personally I don't like how spray tans look.

8. Do you say "like, bro, way, and dude" all the time?
     I say "like" wayyy to much. See? I really like to use like in most of my sentences. I do know some people who says "bro" and "dude" in every other sentence they say. I wanted to use like there but hold myself back. It just seems natural and I didn't realize people didn't use those words so much as we do.

9. Road rage?
You f#*king know it.

10. Are you really into fitness A.K.A juice cleanses?
     I can see why people think that. California (or at least in southern CA) has a lot more juice places that offer cleanses. I means this new thing is slowly taking people by storm but not all of us do it. Yeah its cool to try it but most...at least for me...just don't care about so much.

    California is a lovely place to visit and most of us are not even close to the stereotypes some people give us.What do you think? Am I right or am I wrong about some things? (I probably am). As always, thanks for reading!



Not bad....



No comments:

Post a Comment